4A- Forming An Opportunity Belief
An opportunity belief that I have is that college students are always losing things. While some companies like tile have made keychains for this purpose, I have yet to see something like a sticker for different types of items. I believe that this could be useful for items such as headphones or a water bottle. This product could have a microchip that syncs to an app or website where you can track an object.
This product would mainly be geared towards college students, although everyone loses things regardless of age. So, it could also be marketed towards adults in general. I believe that this problem applies to about 100% of people because we're all forgetful in some way. Everyone loses stuff and because of that, this product is necessary.
I spoke to my friend Bridgette, a student here at UF, about how a product like this could help her and what she would use it for. She would use this product on objects that cant hold something like a Tile. She said that using it on a water bottle or her phone charger would be very convenient because she finds herself losing them often. Bridgette said that while the app is a good idea, having a way for it to make noise would make it better.
From talking to Bridgette I learned that there are ways to improve this product and set it apart from competitors. I didn't learn anything too shocking, just that it can be made better.
Most of my original opportunity is still there. It would still be in a sticker format I just have to troubleshoot a way to add a speaker. I also believe that this new opportunity is more accurate than when I started. I believe that entrepreneurs should always adapt to audience feedback. If the audience isn't happy then there are no consumers.
From talking to Bridgette I learned that there are ways to improve this product and set it apart from competitors. I didn't learn anything too shocking, just that it can be made better.
Most of my original opportunity is still there. It would still be in a sticker format I just have to troubleshoot a way to add a speaker. I also believe that this new opportunity is more accurate than when I started. I believe that entrepreneurs should always adapt to audience feedback. If the audience isn't happy then there are no consumers.
Hey Riley,
ReplyDeleteI've definitely had this same idea! Back in November, my backpack was stolen out of my car with my company laptop in it along with other valuables, and as I was going through a police investigation, I wondered if a product like this would ever be available for more unlimited types of items and products and even sometimes children.
I love your idea since the concept of college students (and other people as well) misplacing things is a common occurrence. Especially with your idea of a sticker, books when they are being sold have these little ones that act as alerts if they are being stolen from the store, very similar to those bulky tags on some clothing items. I am surprised based on your idea that no one has attempted to expand upon it to any market that we have heard of thus far.
ReplyDeleteHello Riley,
ReplyDeleteI think this is a great idea for a product! I would certainly buy it as I seem to always misplace at least one thing a day. I often put down an item and walk out of the room just to walk back in moments later and forget where I had just placed that item. This product would certainly help me in eliminating this issue and would definitely be useful in everyday life.