11A - Idea Napkin No. 1


  1. My name's Riley and I'm 2nd-year telecom production major. I am fluent in French and also enjoy doing research. I plan to go into the field of production design for film and television, specifically jobs that require lots of research to make sets look realistic. I see this business as something that could supplement my income after graduation. I could really see this business thriving in a place like LA and this would be a way to further get my name out there. 
  2. This business would be a way to learn new recipes while also having fun. There would be freedom to choose what and when you receive this product.  
  3. The customer for this product could be anyone. People who either want to cook more, families that want to spend time together in the kitchen or couples looking for a fun date night. That's the great thing about this product, it's widespread. Because everyone eats. 
  4. This product is valuable because as I said before, everybody eats. Everybody needs to learn how to cook eventually and sometimes that's harder for some than others. This product would be a way to help curb that barrier for some. But it's also just fun! Even if you already love to cook it cuts out the time and allows you to bond with those around you. 
  5. What sets this apart is the freedom of choice. You aren't tied down to a subscription service unless you want to be. Our customers are able to learn and create amazing dishes all while having the freedom that other services don't have.


Comments

  1. Hi! I like how your idea is centered around bringing people together and making a bonding experience out of your business opportunity! I would definitely be interested as a customer because honestly cooking isn't easy. Your idea allows people to learn and also share time with those close to them and I think it's very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Riley,
    I admire how you emphasize on the non-tangible benefits your service and the building of community, especially when cities like Los Angeles, as you mentioned, can feel large and overwhelming. The feelings that go beyond the perceived service are why companies like Apple are able to maintain their market share, and I can see how your service has tapped into that aspect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Riley,
    You had a number of good points in your idea napkin. Identifying a potential area to set up shop like LA is a good jumping off point when trying to turn this idea into a reality. Also mentioned how everybody eats and how everybody needs to learn to cook is a great point and something that you could use to your advantage when trying to pitch your business idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Riley,

    This seems like a great service that could provide not only a teaching experience to those who do not have many cooking skills but also provide an entertaining experience for customers. With this combination of benefits there would certainly be a market for this service in the form of college students and young adults who could use this service and the knowledge gained from the experience to save money on groceries by learning to cook food from professionals in the restaurant business.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts