6A Identifying Opportunities


  1. An independent parking garage near campus that would allow students to pay for a pass or single-use. It would be cheaper than school parking passes but would be a good deal for students who live off-campus and need to come on campus for the day and park. 
    1. I found this opportunity from personal experience. Parking at UF is a nightmare and sometimes the Reitz parking garage is full or far away. Just last night I was 20 minutes late to a club meeting because I was looking for parking. I think this opportunity exists because many off-campus students don't want to pay for a parking pass because they're expensive. But these students still have to park on campus sometimes due to being late, club meetings, events, etc. While there are times where parking restrictions are lifted it is not campus-wide and some are only for students with a pass. The customer would-be college students here at UF. This product would be hard to exploit due to the work that would go into buying the land and construction. But once built I believe that this venture would really take off. 
    2. I feel like all UF students with a car can relate to this and see the value. Like I said before, parking here is a nightmare. Most students would jump on the opportunity to have access to easier and cheaper parking. 
  2. A restaurant where you help cook the food. It's a way to teach people how to cook while also being more affordable than a cooking class. Customers could book in advance and cook in a private kitchen, for an added price. This would be a way to teach college students how to cook while also getting a cheap meal. Each customer would leave with the recipe for the dish they cooked and the option to buy a package containing all the ingredients. There would also be an option to just buy recipe cards and ingredient boxes. This is better than subscription services because most college students don't want to pay for them. This service allows for more freedom. 
    1. I found this opportunity because I know that many college students don't know how to cook but don't want to pay for a cooking class. This would also be a good opportunity for things like dates, parties or just a fun dinner with friends. This would work for anyone really. While it would be targeted more towards young people it would also work for families and seniors. This would be hard to exploit because we would need good advertising to get it off the ground. 
    2. I saw the opportunity because I could see myself as a customer. I'm not very savvy in the kitchen and I know lots of others who aren't either. But I also know that couples would love this because it would be great for a date night, whether they came to a class or bought a kit.
  3. An app that would scan barcodes and tell you the environmental footprint of the product and where it was made. 
    1. This would work for those who are environmentally conscious and concerned about human rights. It would also allow the consumer to know if their product is being produced in the US or internationally. The money would be made through ads and subscriptions. This would be hard to exploit though due to the coding needed. 
    2. I saw this opportunity because many Americans want to support American business. This allows an easy and quick way to tell the consumer who's making their product. Many people are also concerned about how their purchases affect the environment and this app would be able to tell them without all the research. 

Comments

  1. I highly agree with your first point, especially due to the fact that I work closely with faculty at Heavener. As the parking lot went up across 13th street from the building, it is hardly used thus far and yet that parking will not, in all likeliness, will not be going to the staff that work in closest proximity to it. This demonstrates this issue is alike for both faculty and students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your second idea very much. As soon as I came to college, I began to have to learn to cook for myself, and I think this would be a great way to learn more. An interactive do it yourself restaurant would surely attract lots of customers and I think it would be super fun and also helpful. I know I could benefit from learning new recipes and also a cheap meal.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts