26A - Celebrating Failure
A time that I failed this semester was when I tried to pick up a new hobby to pass time in quarantine. I tried to learn how to embroider to little success at first. When I first tried it came out misshapen and ugly. But after repeatedly trying and reworking what I had already done I ended up getting pretty good at it. While I am by no means a pro at embroidery, I am getting somewhere with it. From this venture, I learned not to strive for perfection but rather for a finished product that I feel proud of. My first projects weren't very good and I nearly gave up trying to learn this new skill. But I pushed through and actually learned how to make a finished product that I'm proud of.
Hello Riley,
ReplyDeleteI am glad that you were able to find a hobby you enjoy during these difficult times that allows you to stay inside and stay safe. It is good to hear that you were able to improve and feel proud about this hobby and that it brings a sense of accomplishment. I hope that you continue to improve your hobby and stay safe during quarantine.
Hi Riley,
ReplyDeleteI think that is really great that you were able to not only pick an interesting hobby but also sticking with it when the first results were not what you were intending. Congratulations on some of your recent finished products. I think even during this time in quarantine it is important to stay busy and learn new things.
Hi Riley,
ReplyDeleteI commend you for deciding to try something new during all this free time we now have. Especially embroidery, which to me sounds very difficult. Although you were frustrated at first and wanted to give up, I’m glad to hear that you stuck through it. As you get better and continue to improve you will be able to look back at your first pieces of work and see how far along you’ve come.