28A - Your Exit Strategy

My exit strategy is to sell my business within the next five years. I chose this because to me running a business is not my life goal. I would rather start something then sell the business to someone else. My exit strategy definitely influenced my business plans. I really only planned short term because I didn't have any major plans to continue past the startup.

Comments

  1. Hello Riley,

    I also chose to sell my business should it become somewhat successful. I also do not envision my entire life and if my business does end up becoming a rather successful business I would consider selling it for a large sum and move on. However, if my business were to become very successful I would likely stay with the business and work with it for many years and see how the business shakes out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Riley,
    I, similarly, chose to sell my business, but it happened to be a little bit longer down the line. I really appreciate the fact that you lean more toward the entrepreneurship side rather than running the business later down the line. When it came to selling eventually, what qualities would you look for in a buyer who would continue to make your venture successful?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Riley,
    I chose to pass my hopefully successful business off to my family down the line. While I never had plans of being an entrepreneur, I think it would be nice to be able to give my family an already well established company. I do see how it would be very nice to just sell my business in the short term and make a profit as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts